Dear Tomcat Flyers, Fixers, and Fans,
Greetings! The annual Tailhook reunion was last month, and we had four board members represent the Association manning a booth, attending events, and conducting our annual general business meeting. One of our objectives is to participate in Naval Aviation events to ensure that the attendees and members of the Tomcat community know about the association. To that end, several new connections were made and many existing connections were renewed. We plan to be there at future Tailhook conventions and hope you’ll look for the F-14 Association banner.
The main information for this newsletter is planning for our 2018 Reunion.
- We fully intend to be present and participate in ‘Hook 2018, scheduled for 6-9 September 2018 at the Nugget Casino Resort in Reno/Sparks Nevada.
- The main event for 2018 will be our bi-annual reunion event to be held in San Diego the same weekend as the Miramar Air Show, starting on Thursday the 27th of September 2018, and going through Saturday night the 29th.
- Wednesday, 26 September (tentative)
- Welcome reception at the Miramar O ’club
- Thursday (tentative)
- AM – Registration and free time
- PM – Tour of NAS North Island and/or USS Midway
- Evening – Local Tailhook Ready Room gathering or Gas Lamp District or Old Town San Diego
- Friday (tentative)
- AM -- Tour of the San Diego Aerospace Museum
- PM -- Panel Presentations from the Cold War and Combat Operations
- Evening -- Banquet with guest speaker @ 94th Aero Squadron
- Saturday (firm)
- Annual business meeting with free breakfast
- Bus to Miramar Air Show with Chalet
- Evening – post-airshow social
Keep an eye out for more updates on our website and newsletters.
Sincerely/ Mike “Rabies” Rabens
President, F-14 Tomcat Association